Thursday, March 15, 2007

Sometimes you give, sometimes you take

Sometimes I'm so concerned about helping others that I forget to help myself. Or maybe it's just that it seems easier to help others than to help myself. And certainly anything is easier for me than asking for help. However, to live life to its fullest, sometimes you give, sometimes you take.

When I first started this blog, oh about a month ago, I was on the honeymoon phase of my renewed healthy habits and doing quite well. Then, as usually happens with me, something happens to discourage me and my "all or nothing" personality takes over, deems myself a failure, and stops trying so hard.

Well, as a "failure," (my words) I didn't really want to share the details. What fun is that pointing out your flaws? But the reality of losing weight (part of what I promised this blog would be about) is that sometimes you do well and sometimes you don't. It is how you handle the times you don't that make the difference.

Now that my "failure" party is over, I'm re-dedicating myself to good habits and am feeling better already. I've been reading other blogs, websites and books like crazy looking for inspiration and finding tons of it (no pun intended). In the next few days I'll be posting more on what I've found inspirational, as a means of "paying it forward."

Hope everyone is having a good week!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WTG---that is the mindset you need---it doesn't make any difference how many times you fal down---it's the staying down that is the problem---good luck in your journey to a healthier you....