Saturday, February 24, 2007

Exercise is like homework

The other day as we were giving my stepson the umpteenth lecture about the importance of homework, I caught myself saying the following:

"If you're waiting for it to be fun, it won't. Nobody really likes homework. It's just something you have to do and get it over with, then you can go have fun."

It occurred to me about 5 seconds after this left my mouth that the same goes for exercise. The biggest excuse I can come up with for not exercising consistently (and believe me I can come up with some creative excuses) is that I don't like it. Plain and simple. But if it were homework, that excuse wouldn't fly. Perhaps Nike was onto something with their "Just do it" mantra. Damn those Nike people.

This week I vow to up my exercise. You heard it here.

No comments: