Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Almond Milk

I cannot say enough good things about the unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze from Blue Diamond. Technically it can't be called almond milk because almonds don't have nipples to be milked, although they are sort of pointy at one end, but I digress.

At approximately half the calories of regular milk, and only 1 gram of carbs (2 less 1g fiber) per serving, Almond Breeze is awesome over high fiber cereal or in coffee. The only con is that it can't be used like milk to make fat free sugar free pudding. It will never gel. Believe me, I've tried.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Knox gelatin could be used to gel the pudding, I don't think I would use a whole package for 2 cups of pudding, maybe half a package. I haven't gotten ambitious enough to try it yet, though.

Calianna said...

I'll have to look for some almond milk, sounds interesting.