Wednesday, February 14, 2007

I say Jewelry not Jujubees!


Jujubees, is that what those are called? Those hard little fruit candies that you had as a kid? At any rate, I'm starting a movement (oh yeah, I'm so good now I can start movements) to lessen the focus on candy at Valentine's Day and put the focus back where it belongs. Jewelry.

In all seriousness, why are there so many holidays that focus on either candy or food? Especially food that is bad for you. You have Halloween, Valentine's Day, then the mother-of-all-pork-outs, Thanksgiving, which mixes food and family guilt. A terrible combo. Even the B-list holidays like Labor day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, etc. focus around bbq's, alcohol and food. And because they are a "holiday" you convince yourself that is a free day to load up.

Are you really celebrating your well-being by harming yourself with massive amounts of food on a holiday? Wouldn't jewelry make you feel just a tad better? That's what I'm saying. I've never woken up the next morning regretting wearing too much jewelry the night before.

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: