Thursday, February 22, 2007

What is your Real Age?

I'm sure by now many of you have heard of the "Real Age" calculation website that tells you whether the use and abuse you've put on your body makes you biologically older or younger than your actual years. You answer a serious of health and lifestyle question and the results tell you what factors are making you biologically younger or older. I like this approach as it tells you where you need improvement, instead of just saying "you're old, deal with it."

The Real Age testing process has been discussed numerous times on the Oprah show by her new Dr. buddy, Dr. Mehmet Oz. Dr. Oz is also the man behind the books, You The Owners Manual, and You On a Diet, the first of which I highly recommend, the second of which I wouldn't personally recommend due to the high carb level in the proposed diet.

Anyway, I came across a printout of my Real Age calculation from January 20, 2006 in my files. At that time my Calendar Age was 35.8 and my Real Age was 38.4. Closer to 40 than I'd care to be. So I retook the test this morning and at a Calendar Age of 36.9, my Real Age is now 35.7. I went from being biologically 2.6 years above my age, to being 1.2 years below my age. Pretty nifty. As I continue to up my exercise and lower my BMI, I'm sure that figure will be even lower! At this rate, I might have the body of a 21 year old in no time! ;)

No comments: